WHM Gazette, Its all good news.
Who felt the jolt over the weekend? While we at WHM can’t exactly take credit for the 6.0 earthquake in Napa on Sunday morning, we have had crumbling walls on our minds for the last few months as we designed the visuals and brand guidelines for VMware’s annual VMworld conference, which takes place at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Talk about life imitating art.
VMworld 2014 brings together the best minds in tech—a little over 22,000 of them, actually. Over four geek speak-packed days, IT pros from around the world explore the seismic shift (yeah, we went there) happening in virtualization, hybrid cloud and end-user computing. In other words, in the tech community, this conference is a pretty big freaking deal. Continue Reading
WHM Creative – Oakland, CA
WHO WE ARE
Across the street from Oakland’s famous Fox Theater, and mere steps away from 19th St. BART (not to mention the best greyhounds in the world), you’ll find us — a small but mighty shop supporting some of the biggest brands on everything from digital campaigns and launch videos to identity development and app design. We’re not an ad agency, an interactive agency or a boutique agency. We’re just people who solve problems. And we do it creatively.
At WHM you’ll find all the people you want in your marketing sandbox: a team of creative strategists, visionaries, designers, copywriters and account managers. We’ve got a good thing going, and we want to keep the cool (and fresh ideas) coming. That’s where you come in.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re in search of a multi-faceted project manager who can:
- Bring together different teams to ensure projects are flawlessly delivered against the strategy, schedule, and budget
- Proactively ask the right questions and be extremely proactive when solving problems
-Build and maintain client and internal relationships
- Understand and develop marketing strategies
- Be the hub of communication for the project – always in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering our product
- Collaborate with and traffic manage for the account and creative teams (including external contractors)
- Work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities, managing multiple projects, schedules, and team members
- Pay attention to and manage a vast quantity of details
- Quickly learn new project management and workflow management applications (Box, Asana, etc.
As our project manager, you’ll be working on projects for a diverse mix of clients, from a leading cloud computing enterprise (yes, that means you should like learning about complex subjects and be comfortable with B2B technology) to a new eyewear chain opening its first store in San Francisco. Projects include, but are definitely not limited to: Branding, integrated digital campaigns, videos, websites, events and more.
If you’re ready to move at lightning speed and never have two days alike, shoot us your resume and tell us about yourself:
1. A minimum of 5 years experience in a project management and/or account management role within an in-house marketing team or creative agency environment
2. Creatively curious
3. Die-hard work ethic and killer sense of humor
4. Strong verbal and written skills
5. Experience managing schedules, budgets, and team trafficking
6. Knowledge of the digital world and experience working on digital deliverables with programmers and developers (emails, banner ads, landing pages, websites, etc.)
7. Knowledge of print, video and environmental also a plus
8. Proficiency in Mac OS and Microsoft Office
9. Bachelor’s degree or higher.Position: Full-time, salaried.
Compensation: Based on experience & ability. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, and 401k matching.
Location: Oakland, CA
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status.
You’d think that a 90-second video would be a breeze to produce. A minute and a half isn’t that long, after all. If you do think that, you’re wrong. For this quick bit on Citrix Online’s GoToWebinar HD Faces features, we worked our team to the bone. Continue Reading