WHM Gazette, Its all good news.
PerkinElmer, a company focused on human and environmental health, retained WHM to update the design of some of their core software applications including Electronic Lab Notebook and ChemBioDraw. Changes potentially include redesigning splash screens and the creation of hundreds of new icons. The challenge? Making other needed UI updates to freshen up the applications without disrupting the user experience for the millions who have become familiar with the current designs.
We’re looking at the ongoing project as giving the applications a nice little facelift, vs. full-on reconstructive surgery.
We are an independent full-service agency dedicated to creating engaging brand experiences for some of the world’s largest B2B technology brands. We are expanding our media services and are excited to invite a talented and energetic media professional to join the Team as our Media Coordinator.
You will play a critical role in assisting with the execution of online media programs – from trafficking ads, to optimization, and reporting.
1. Provide day-to-day management of ad trafficking, campaign optimization, and reporting
2. Liaise with the internal design team on the production of ad creatives
3. Coordinate with internal media team and publishers to create a detailed trafficking schedule
4. Schedule ads in DoubleClick Campaign Manager; QA trafficked creative to ensure proper placement and functionality
5. Generate and aggregate reports from multiple partners/sources; assist with analysis and evaluation of campaign effectiveness, and implement optimization measures
6. Review and communicate campaign status with internal and external parties
For the right candidate (with social media community management experience), this role could be expanded to include responsibility for managing owned and paid social media posts across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and taking on responsibility for ensuring the success of client campaigns.
This is an ongoing hourly contract role.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in media planning and/or campaign management; experience with social media execution is a huge plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to use data to draw conclusions and execute integrated marketing plans
- Experience managing display advertising and native advertising
- Familiarity/Experience with ad serving platforms (i.e., DCM, DFA) and rich media platforms (i.e., Studio, Flite, etc.)
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners; engage with clients to report and discuss results, optimization strategies, etc.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Ability to measure, track, and report on campaign effectiveness, and optimize along the way to ensure campaign success
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- A bachelor’s degree is required
If you’re ready to move at lightning speed and never have two days alike, shoot us your resume and tell us about yourself.
The world need words. Lots of words. Website words. Mobile words. Banner words. Email words. And so on. Problem is, companies need so many words, so fast, that all the words start to sound the same. “Disruptive.” “Innovative.” “Breakthrough.” You know what we mean. And you know—when everyone sounds the same, no one stands out. That’s where you come in. You’re a content machine. You fear no brief. You take a tweet as seriously as a TV spot. And you can crank anything and everything out, mistake-free, fast. But here’s what sets you apart – not only do you have the ability to pump out a #*$!ton of work…you actually care about what it says. You’ve walked in the wasteland of “Disruptive innovations that break through.” You know how meaningless stupid catchphrases are. And you’re able to grind them into oblivion, then create language that’s not only understandable, but inspiring.
We’re WHM Creative – a small but mighty creative shop supporting some of Silicon Valley’s biggest brands on everything from digital campaigns and launch videos to identity development and app design. We don’t have a fancy term for it— maybe you can help us with that.
At WHM you’ll find all the people you want in your marketing sandbox: a team of creative strategists, visionaries, designers, copywriters and account managers. A team that believes in hard work, creative genius and happy clients.
Also, we’re nice people, and we only like working with other nice people. (Life’s too short, right?) So, if you have the portfolio, the experience and the appetite, send us your stuff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write smart, witty, conversational copy for emails, websites, display advertising, direct mail, etc., that gets results.
- Work collaboratively with copywriters, designers, project managers and strategists.
- Capture brand voice and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Contribute to all aspects of campaigns from concept development through execution.
- Participate in internal and external creative briefings, pitches, brainstorm sessions and status meetings.
- Keep up to speed on digital and marketing trends and apply those tactics to projects.
- Deliver work on time and on budget.
1. A minimum of 3 years as an agency and/or in-house copywriter
2. A smart, sophisticated and diverse portfolio of copy samples.
3. Experience writing for both consumer and B2B audiences.
4. Ability to distill technical content into simple and easy-to-understand messaging.
5. Examples of working collaboratively to turn high-level concepts into strategic copy.
6. Experience managing multiple projects at once, resolving competing priorities, working swiftly under pressure and meeting project deadlines.
7. A die-hard work ethic and killer sense of humor.
8. Proficiency in Mac OS and Microsoft Office.
9. Error-free writing and proofreading skills.
10. Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, advertising or related field.
Position: Full-time, salaried.
Compensation: Based on experience & ability. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, 401k matching and flexible work schedule.
Location: San Francisco