WHM Gazette, Its all good news.
Our fun and irreverent YouSendIt booth wasn’t just a hit at the 2010 Gartner IT Expo, but also was a hit at the American Design Awards’ 2011 Winter Semi Annual Design Contest, where our poster got 3rd place in the Poster Design category.
The world needs organization. Serious organization. Organizing schedules. Organizing deliverables. Organizing people. And that’s where you come in. You’re a team wrangler. You know how to navigate agency workflows like a pro. You can juggle 60 competing schedules with grace and charm. You are a master negotiator, smoothing out bottlenecks with ease. And you keep everyone on task 24/7, so the best possible work is delivered by a sane and happy team. As our Traffic Manager, you’ll function as the go-between that connects the account team with our creative department, matching work with the appropriate team members. You’ll oversee the milestones, check in on progress, and keep everyone informed along the way.
We’re WHM Creative – a small but mighty creative shop supporting some of Silicon Valley’s biggest brands on everything from digital campaigns and launch videos to identity development and app design.
At WHM, you’ll find all the people you want in your marketing sandbox: a team of creative strategists, visionaries, designers, copywriters, and account managers. A team that believes in hard work, creative genius, and happy clients. (Also Oxford commas.)
We’re nice people, and we only like working with other nice people. (Life’s too short, right?) So, if you have the experience, and the appetite, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Define and own the process for resource planning and management
• Oversee the workflow of all client projects internally, ensuring all team members are following our processes and that work is following schedules
• Negotiate with internal teams to align talent with project needs/requirements
• Ensure proper distribution of workload
• Manage schedules of all production staff, including freelancers
• Work with our Creative Director, Design Director, and Copy Director to identify and maintain a steady bench of freelance help for ongoing assistance
• Determine whether teams have capacity for additional projects, and when new resources are needed
• Reconcile internal traffic jams and negotiate with account team to smooth out bottlenecks
• Provide estimated allotment of hours to the creative team and monitor time on projects to ensure accuracy of estimates
• Work to continually improve and optimize agency workflow and production solutions for new and existing clients
• Lead team status meetings
• Distribute daily hot sheets
• Display perseverance through pursuing duties with a positive attitude and drive—especially in the face of any resistance or setbacks
• Assist in managing select projects as support is needed
1. A minimum of 3 years as an agency and/or in-house trafficking manager or project manager
2. Strong understanding of digital project workflow
3. In-depth knowledge of the creative development process and deliverable requirements for a wide range of project types (e.g., branding, websites, digital ads, content creation, etc.)
4. Experience managing multiple projects at once, resolving competing priorities, working swiftly under pressure, and meeting project deadlines
5. Insanely organized with a strong attention to detail
6. A die-hard work ethic and killer sense of humor is preferred
7. An ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
8. Proficiency in Excel, Gantt charts, and project management software (Asana, Wrike, Mavenlink, or the like). Experience with agency software (Workamajig, FunctionPoint) is a plus.
9. Bachelor’s degree
Position: Full-time, salaried.
Compensation: Based on experience and ability. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, 401k matching, and flexible work schedule.
Location: Oakland (steps from BART)